Welcome to my online Book of Shadows.

A good place to come and learn from and share with like-minded Pagans and Wiccans of all Traditions.
glitter-graphics.com

Wiccan Rede

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brigid's Fresh Herbed Cheese

Blessed be. I wanted to share a really good recipe with you all. I hope that you will all enjoy it. It is really good.

*************************************************************************************

Brigid's Fresh Herbed Cheese

Ingredients---

4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup any fresh herbs, minced
(blend any--rosemary, chives, dill, parsley, sage, thyme, chervil,etc)
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4 cup heavy cream
8 oz. small-curd cottage cheese

Directions---

Make a paste with garlic, salt, and herbs. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy and, while beating, add first the creams and then the cottage cheese. Beat in the herbs until well blended.

Line a colander with 2 layers of cheesecloth and spoon in cheese. Knot opposite corners and suspend over a bowl to drain for 24 hours (or hang over the faucet to drip in the sink). Retie as needed to compact the cheese. Remove to a plate, seam side down, and chill until serving time.

You can also roll the cheese in fresh minced herbs for added beauty and taste.

Serve with water crackers.

7 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh this looks good! I stumbled across your blog and glad I did! I love the post on the chakras...I am big into the chakras! Stop by and say hi sometime.

Namaste

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessed be and thank you.

I did stop by your page. I think I posted a comment, but I cannot remember. I have so many people listed in my favorites that I am going to have to start keeping a scorecard on who's blog I comment on! LOL!

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you here more often.

I have another blog topic posted about chakras as well. Just take a look in the labels.

Have a great week.

JD said...

OH, the cheese sounds so yummy. I will need to try it out sometime. I may not drink milk, but I am a big cheese fan.

I have been having a blast visiting the links on your page. I could not believe that the WLPA was still around. It was one of the first Wiccan/Pagan sites I visited back in 97. Thank you so much for having all of the linkie luv.

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessings.

You are welcome. Thank you for stopping by and posting. I am glad that you like the site.

I am working on labeling all the posts in the correct catagory now.

So if you want to look up related articles in that particular label, just click onto it and search from there.

Have a great week.

earth and sun folk said...

sounds so good...thanks for sharing. i'll have to try it out sometime.

thanks for stopping by my blog!

Kelly said...

oooh...I am so doing this...
yummy..

Hecate RavenMoon said...

Blessings.

This really is a great tasting recipe.

I actually made this once last year during Mabon for my Wiccan book club, and served it with wheat thins and fresh fruit.

Needless to say, all the other ladies went home with the recipe!

Have a great weekend.

Live Traffic Feed

Totally Cool Community

I'm memphis_lesbian

memphis_lesbian

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Being

Being

Breath

Breath

Courage

Courage

Fight for Freedom

Earth Air Fire Water


Moon Goddess

Moon Phases

CURRENT MOON

Musick of the Libri Umbra


Sun and Moon Positions

Get Your FREE Tarot Card Reading Here!

Get Your FREE I Ching Reading

Your Daily Rune

Daily I Ching

An Herb Selecter

Daily Correspondence Table

Get Your FREE Biorythm Chart

Your Daily Herb

Your Daily Tarot Card

Get Your FREE Rune Stone Reading

Your Daily Deity

WebRing

Powered by WebRing.