Welcome to my online Book of Shadows.

A good place to come and learn from and share with like-minded Pagans and Wiccans of all Traditions.
glitter-graphics.com

Wiccan Rede

Monday, October 13, 2008

Brave Spirits (poem)

Blessed be, everyone. It is so wierd that I would post the 'Message from the Goddess Freyja' and then I go to check my e-mails and one of my internet pen-pals sends me this poem. I don't know where she got it from, but it was so beautiful and timely that I had to post it and share it with you. I think it goes kind of well with the previous post, don't you?

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it.

*************************************************************************************
Brave Spirit

If the moment is spent,
the time spacious
and gently irretrievable
then I grace it
with complete devotion
moving
lost in the morning light
tenuous
stepping into morning haze
sheer skin
once mine...
twice born
and as many times
awakened by the voices of those
still awaiting
a chance at this earthly dance.

I’ve learned
watching those close to death
bodies beaten down
by the weight of life
their eyes turning inward
looking toward home
where the lotus flower
blooms in vapors of the unseen
as winter calls to them
away from one more migration-
back
to slender threads of ice
sheer and
glistening
with their dreams
come and gone
and now finally done.

Learned to see
eyes closed
with my skin,
to imprint sunsets
and moon rises
in my heart center
full
traced
with whispers
in silence
of those that knew
but did not share.




Winter light
reflects white upon white,
the horizon turns
blurred
seamless
relentless in its vastness,
an amber dagger,
the sun
bleeds
gold in the morning heat:
constant
warrior king,
in its wake
burning years -
consuming
the short canvas of time.
I stand
alone,
yet
borne by the force of so many
faceless
formless
waiting in the wings
for a chance to birth
and brave
the fight.

No comments:

Live Traffic Feed

Totally Cool Community

I'm memphis_lesbian

memphis_lesbian

This is the 3D me.
Make your own,
and we both get Coinz!

Being

Being

Breath

Breath

Courage

Courage

Fight for Freedom

Earth Air Fire Water


Moon Goddess

Moon Phases

CURRENT MOON

Musick of the Libri Umbra


Sun and Moon Positions

Get Your FREE Tarot Card Reading Here!

Get Your FREE I Ching Reading

Your Daily Rune

Daily I Ching

An Herb Selecter

Daily Correspondence Table

Get Your FREE Biorythm Chart

Your Daily Herb

Your Daily Tarot Card

Get Your FREE Rune Stone Reading

Your Daily Deity

WebRing

Powered by WebRing.