Choclate Raspberry Avalanche Cake
Umm-a choloclate brownie cake served with a chololate sauce and raspberry cream.
1 2/3 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 large egg whites at room temperature
1 1/4 cup raspberries
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons hot tap water
1/4 cup raspberry all fruit preserves, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Coat a 9” x 9” baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 1/4 cup of the cocoa, the baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of the yogurt, the oil, and vanilla.
4. Place the egg whites in a medium bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in the remaining 1/2 cup sugar until stiff, glossy peaks form.
5. Stir the yogurt mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in the egg whites until no streaks of white remain. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with 1 cup of the raspberries.
6. Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on the rack to cool completely.
7. In a small bowl, mix the honey, water, and the remaining 1/4 cup cocoa. In another small bowl, mix the preserves and the remaining 1/2 cup yogurt. To serve, cut the cake into squares and top with a dollop of yogurt and a drizzle of chocolate sauce. Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup raspberries.
* 1 3/4 cups whole grain pastry flour can be used instead of the whole wheat
Welcome to my online Book of Shadows.
A good place to come and learn from and share with like-minded Pagans and Wiccans of all Traditions.